Sunday, November 27, 2011

Have I Mentioned It is Hot Here?

Although I seem to have aclimitized and the evenings are actually quite pleasant, parts of my body are not adapting.

For the past week, I have been slowly losing the battle against heat rash!!!!  And where on my body is this lovely item.........................exactly where you would find diaper rash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And when I asked one of the female staff members for any tips/tricks on how to deal with this, what wisdom does she spout..........................."Use lots of baby powder and try not to sweat."  TRY NOT TO SWEAT!!!!!!!  She has been here a year and knows it is impossible to not sweat!  Sometimes, the staff get a little too much pleasure in seeing the volunteers suffer!

I realize I should not complain because one of the other long-term volunteers just got over having stomach parasites only to come down with scabbies!!!!  At least my issues are mundane!!!!!!

Other than the cold, Michel has had to suffer the mosquitoes.  They absolutely adore him.  They hardly even bite me and when they do, I get a little red and don't itch but Michel suffers from much itchitude!!!!

Wish us luck in our last week!  I would hate for either of us to come down with some exotic affliction!

1 comment:

  1. Miss you both. Sorry about the rash. Baby powder is my suggestion. Do you have any pictures of the finished schools? Did you participate in the opening ceremony? Take care.
    Marilyn. Lawenda@aol.com

    ReplyDelete