Friday, July 6, 2012

Return to the Empire

With the help of some awesome friends (big huge kudos to Chris, Liz, Gerald, Grant, Dave, Liz's Mom and Toby), we finally made it back into our house with all our belongings on June 30.  Because of their hard work, we were done the move in about 2.5 hours............just in time for lunch on us! And then everyone had the rest of the Saturday on the long weekend to do with what they wanted......................while Michel and I had a 3 hour nap!  Life is grand.

Things are starting to settle down and I am still working on drafts of the rest of Turkey for the blog and things that happened after that so please be patient as I am also looking for work, doing taxes and, and, and.  Now, this is no excuse and as I write this, I have decided that the blog needs to take presedence.  I promise to post something else before the end of the weekend and it will be about Turkey.

The reason I blog now though is to purge my soul about what a bad, bad parent I am. 

With the help of Liz, I picked up Ophelia and Salome on July 2.  They never left the bedroom I deposited them into when I dropped them off at the foster parent's house. What I had hoped would be a good situation for them turned out not to be so and I was upset a bit at first.  However, in retrospect, it was still better than putting them down which was the only other option.

But this is not why I am a bad kitty parent.  Here's the explanation.

Ophelia gained 5 or 10 pounds!  What a chunky monkey! I am having trouble picking her up so with aplumb I say "Let the diet begin!"

As a result of her girth, she could not clean herself so her fur was oily and large portions of it was matted and felted together. To deal with this, I had her shaved this morning to get the matts out.  I didn't laugh........I am not that bad!!!!!! 



But I do actually kinda like her shaved!  Look, she matches the color of our sleeping bags. What a great accessory! (And that thought is why I am a bad parent).

However, she is lovely and soft and it is also apparently good for her skin.  I might do it again.

But not because she matches the sleeping bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment