Friday, April 1, 2011

Help!

So, Veve and I are ticking along.  There is so much to do but everything is surmountable.

I do need to ask everyone for some help though.

We have two adorable middle aged cats that I do not want to have to give up to the SPCA.  However, so many of our family and friends already have pets or allergies that they cannot foster our cats for a year.  So I am desperately pleading with everyone to ask around to see if they know of anyone that is willing to adopt my two fur balls.  I just want to know that they will be loved.

Unfortunately, the "Final Solution" for my girls would be giving them up for adoption to the Meow Foundation (http://www.meowfoundation.com/bins/home.asp) but even this is not guaranteed as the Meow Foundation only takes in 10-15 cats a month because they have a no-kill policy.  All their cats are fostered out in homes until they are adopted by their permanent humans. 

They are easy to take care of and Salome loves attention and is a bit of a lap cat and likes to be picked up for short periods.  Ophelia (aka Phat Cat) loves to be petted and brushed but is not fond of being picked up.  They are both declawed on their front paws so furniture is safe.  They are chatty little girls and love to talk to you when you get home from a long day of work.  They enjoy sitting quietly with you while you watch tv or have a lay-down.


They are predominately indoor cats but I have trained them to stay in our backyard so whoever adopts them could do probably do the same.

My lovely girls were born in a composter and found when the house with the composter was bought by a co-worker.

Please, please help us find a wonderful home for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment