Sunday, April 17, 2011

I have seen the Light!!!!!

For the past 4 years, Veve and I have only filed our taxes every other year because I was "scared" of the whole capital gains/losses thing and so in April every year, it would bare it's icky, pointy teeth and this would cause me to either go into denial re: tax time or run screaming to H&R Block.  The latter would cost us about $400 (it's amazing what they charge when you have capital gains).

Don't get me wrong, I completely understood the concept of capital gains vs losses and to boot, I understood the rules around them!  It was just the prospect of facing the forms and having to do the calculations that scared the bejesus out of me.

So, this year, my sister, Sharon, and my friend, Grant, berated me into using the ubiquitous software that is oh so easy to purchase and costs way less than what H&R charges! 

All I can say is........Holy Crap! It was so freak'n easy!  I did 4 tax returns in one afternoon!  And, I didn't have to pay for the 2009 software as a savy friend had saved it from last year so, 4 tax returns cost $40!

All I can say is that I have seen the light and will prosthelytize about the virtues of the software to anyone willing to listen and even those that are not!  I must save everyone, including Liz, who continues to go to H&R Block!

And, in case you were wondering, yes, we are getting refunds for both years!  Ha Ha, take that Sheila Fraser, 45 years old and I have never "owed" the government!

No comments:

Post a Comment