Friday, June 3, 2011

"The Plan" as it Stands

We have finally rented out the house so tomorrow we start packing!  After taking a look at just the stuff in the basement, all I can say is ....."Wow, were did all this crap come from?"  When I moved in, I didn't have enough to furnish the house.  Now, I am dying to purge, purge, purge!

I am so STOKED to see my families!  Beware Murrays, Bains, Apollons and Epps, here we come!

THE PLAN
At this time, given the information I have, the following is our plan...........but don't hold us to it as things can be quite fluid.

We are going to leave Calgary around June 23 and make our way to Winnipeg and visit family and friends for 2 weeks.

We will then take about a week to go from Winnipeg to Maine where Michel will be taking three one-week boat building courses from The Apprentice Shop (http://www.apprenticeshop.org/) from July 18 thru August 5.

While he is doing that, I will be doing a help exchange with Susun (http://www.helpx.net/host.asp?hostid=5369).  Susan has many positive reviews and I am really looking forward to my first helpx posting.

After that, I believe we will be heading up to Montreal and Ste. Therese to see the Apollon clan and my cousin, Jac.  I can't wait to see everyone again!  I will be counting on my relations to help me polish my French so I am ready for Haiti.

In the meantime, we will try to get additional volunteer postings in Haiti as one-month is not enough.  We are hoping to be in Haiti from mid(ish) September to either just before or after Xmas.  If we can't get other volunteer positions, then we will adapt!

Ooooooooooooooooo............I am getting so excited, I am starting to vibrate!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome. I'm excited for you!!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete