Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back on Canadian Soil

Our last day in Maine saw it rain for more than 24 hours straight. Sometimes torrential downpour, sometimes a fine mist.  It took our tent to it’s maximum saturation point.  By the time we woke up on Monday, there were a few minor drops coming from the roof.  Fear not though as neither of us are related to the Wicked Witch of the West and we already have an action plan to implement.
Monday saw us drive back to Canada.  It felt good to be on home soil again but it did not feel like home per se.  I think I have hit the first wall of being on the road.  I am tired of living out of a bag constantly  (I haven’t unpacked my bag in its entirety since leaving Calgary). However, since it is bleeding red onto some of my clothes, I will need to unpack it so I can give it a good wash.
We hit Granby about 7pm on Monday and were kidnapped by Philip and Michelle (Michel’s brother and sister in-law).  We had a lovely evening with them and Greg (Marie-Helene’s significant other).  Much wine flowed and so we spent the night.
On Tuesday, we made our way to Zita and Tony’s house.  It took several tries (no GPS and instructions we had trouble following) but we finally made it there about 3pm.  Home Sweet Home until September 5th when we head for Haiti.
On Wednesday, we got to have dinner with Mona and the kids with the added bonus of Manushka and her kids being there as well.  Manushka and her family live in LA and she is here visiting the "Family".

No comments:

Post a Comment