Thursday, September 15, 2011

Exhibitions I have known

Montreal Museum of Fine Art

The other day, Veve and I headed over to the Museum of Fine Art to take a boo.  There was some great contemporary art. Sorry, the picture quality on these is not so great - I took them with my iPod.

A great up-do!
A great piece of pottery.


A very scary rabbit.

Boom!!!!!

And then we headed into the Jean Paul Gathier exhibit.  I am not a fashionista but much of his stuff is crazy interesting so I have done up a photo blog on it for you.

Who knew you could do that with tartan?

When in doubt, wrap the model in houndstooth fabric
from head to toe and then all of her accessories as well!

How to make your winter boots work for the summer - cut
holes in a pattern to create ventilation.

Naughty Jean Paul!!!!!


Who needs the Lindsay Project when you can have people dress up like their insides!!!
(sorry, this reference is for Heather and Benedikt)


OK, don't laugh but I want to make a pair of these
for work when I get back.......no, I am serious!

It's only funny until someone looses an eye!

I love these and intend to do something like it just as soon
as I find a pair of tan boots at Value Village!

Just loved the hair on this one.

World Press Photo Exhibit

Every year there is a photo competition by the photo journalists from around the world.  The photos are amazing and a form of art of their own.  The winning photos create an exhibition that then travels.  I saw one in Amsterdam many years ago and when I found out there was one here, I had to go.

For those that can't go to the exhibit, you can view the entire collection by going to the World Press Website.  But before you do, I will warn you that there are many disturbing pictures that I know several of my friends (Sandi, Sue, Toby) will not want to see and that will upset some.  If you still want to see the pictures, then click here for the whole shabang!

However, I have picked out a couple of my favourite pictures that are not disturbing. 

I love these two old ladies.  The pictures make me happy, I am not too sure why but I smile everytime I look at it.

Then, I love the color quality and the sense of enormity of this volcano eruption.

And this picture of a Cape Gannet does not do the one on display justice.  Just imagine it about 50x bigger (the one on display was about the size of a 52" tv screen) and then look at it's eyes again.  It made me feel like I was it's lunch and it was coming in for the kill and in my imagination, I could see myself as Bill the Cat thinking "Aaccccckkkkk!" and imagining myself turning and running.  For those that don't know Bill:

No comments:

Post a Comment