Monday, September 5, 2011

Running Deep

Lately, I have been running deep and silent as there hasn't been any major news to share with everyone. However, that has changed now.

When we started this sabbatical, we knew that when we got to Montreal, Herve would need to see a doctor and have a stress test (our GP in Calgary requested this).

The Roy Mafia (this is what we call Herve's Mom and her family) arranged for Herve to see a friend of Tante (Aunt in French) Ginette's.  And then, Isabelle (sister-in-law) arranged for the stress test.  It is all who you know and I have to say that if you want action, you want the Roy Mafia on your side.

That being said, the Godmother (Zita-Herve's Mom) has told me that I am now a member.  I didn't even have to pass a test to prove my worthiness (no killings, no robberies, etc.).  I am a little trepidatious about when I am going to be called upon and hope that I can live up to expectations.

Anyways.......on Friday, Herve went back to get the results of his stress test and unfortunately, he did not pass with flying colors.  He did not fail miserably either.  The doctor advised us not to go to Haiti before Herve had an angiogram (yes, another one!).  It seems that as the stress test progressed, a part of Herve's heart was not getting enough oxygen.  We should find out by Wednesday as to when the angiogram will be scheduled for.

Given that after an angiogram Herve will not be able to do any heavy lifting, etc. for at least 2 weeks, we are looking at a delay of at least one month and maybe more.  Once we know when the angio is scheduled, we will know better about our timing for heading to Haiti and we will update everyone.

Although this is upsetting on many levels, we are incredibly happy that we followed doctors orders and this is being addressed here rather than in Haiti.  I am also very happy that we always seem to catch these things proactively (much better than reactively (aka after a heart attack)).

----------------------------------

And now a word from Herve:

2 more angios and I have enough bonus points for a free bypass! Who needs to roll up the rim! On the bright side I get to spend more time with the Family.


No comments:

Post a Comment