Friday, September 9, 2011

Montreal Musings

A Return to the Womb
Hoping for yet another “sound healing” type of experience, Veve, Spidey and I headed for the Ovarium (http://ovarium.com/) to have a float in the sensory deprivation tank!  Unfortunately, it was not as interesting as the sound healing and nothing freaky happened like in the movie Altered States.


However, it was still interesting.  First, you float in something that looks like a giant egg (what kind of subliminal message is that sending!).  Then, the water has so much salt in it, you have no choice but to float. It even feels like someone is holding up your limbs.  You have the choice of light/no lights and music/no music.  To signal it is time to think about getting out, they play “Angel Song”.  My question is “How do they know what angels sing?” It is very ethereal and new age-y.  Anyway, I went for the no lights/no music option and like I said, nothing funky happened (damn!).

Afterwards, I had a massage and that was divine.  I was incredibly relaxed when we came out!

Michel did the Pulsar treatment and a float and being the kind guy that he is, he shared his experience with Spidey who was quite trepidatious (I am making a new word – in several years, it will be added to Webster’s dictionary and this blog will be noted as the first publication of the word) about everything.

Spidey heading into the womb!
Herve and Spidey opening their third eye with Pulsar!

Wonder Woman (aka: Zita)
Along with her many other talents, Zita is an incredible sewer.  During this visit,  she modified both mine and Michel’s backpack.  Michel’s was a top load pack that is not very convenient for accessing stuff so she added an access flap.

Spidey hangs out in Michel's packback!

Steve lent me one of his backpacks that originally came with a daypack that zippered onto the largest compartment.  Steve couldn’t find the daypack and I was having space issues (no, I did not over pack!).  So Zita removed the zipper for the missing daypack and added another compartment!  Astounding!  Now, I didn’t ask Steve if I could do this but since he doesn’t read my blog, what he doesn’t know, won’t hurt him!

Spidey perched upon the new section of my pack!

And if that wasn’t enough, she reupholstered a couch that she took to her new apartment in just 2 days.

It used to be biege!
And, she made sleeping sacks for Veve and I for Haiti out of quick dry material.  We are taking these instead of the suggested cotton sheets. They are stretchy and lots of fun for doing performance art!






United to Manchester (Actually Delta but it didn’t sound as good)
After talking with Marie-Denise (Veve’s niece( but more like a sister) who used to work on cruise lines), it became apparent that we were not going to work our way across the Atlantic.  I was determined to not do a work exchange after Haiti as Michel and I need some time to decompress.  So, after some research and a flurry of emails, we are confirmed to house sit for Liezl and Tim in Manchester, UK (http://www.mindmyhouse.com/sitters/owner_search/view_owner_ad.php?id=1009) for 3 weeks in December!

We are very excited because not only is it a lovely home but they have a CAT!!!!! YAH! A little fur ball to hug and pet (on his terms of course…….he is a cat after all)!  His name is Dali and he looks like Salome and Ophelia (meaning he is all black but nowhere near as hefty as our girls).

We have booked flights from Haiti to Miami (where we will visit with Veve’s godmother for 2 days) and then to Atlanta for a night and then straight onto Manchester to arrive on December 8.

A Source at the The Source
A big CONGRATS to Alain!  He starts a new job next week at THE SOURCE!  Now, the Roy Mafia has an insider and my plans for world domination are progressing nicely!

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Yes I do check the blog once in a while. I did find the day pack. It is in my front closet as we speak. No problem with the alteration. It was pretty much a travel gift to you anyways. Hope your having fun. Love Steve

    ReplyDelete