Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Haiti - Day 2

If I thought it was hot yesterday, I was sorely mistaken. Of course, today we were out building 2 schools so we were doing hard physical labour in the blazing sun.

Veve got the first signs of heat exhaustion (he stopped perspiring and got nauseous)and had to come back to base early.

And I was mistaken, we were not putting up chain link fence, we put chain link onto the frames of the schools. It is used like lath in lath and plaster and apparently helps keep the structure from crumbling in an earthquake. It is also a wooden building so it is more flexible.

I got filthy. Bringing white workshirts was definitely not a good idea!

Well, it is a 7:30pm and I am ready for bed! I have to wash my sneakers first (told you I got filthy!) and then it is off to bed for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi: I will try again with this thing.
    - Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scotty is helping me get this done right, so bear with us okay?
    -Faye

    ReplyDelete