Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fibre in Our Future

I am absolutely thrilled!!!!!!!!!  We have been accepted to Rosevine Farm where they raise a small herd of alpacas.  A big thank you to David and Angela for saying yes to us!

We start on January 20 and Angela has already said that she will share as much information with me as I want regarding the fibre process (care of the animals, shearing, carding, spinning, you name it).  I know many of you would not peg me for a farm girl but I am intensely interested in the process of creating yarn.  And you never know, maybe there is a recessive farming gene in me - Dad comes from farming folk after all.

Our backyard is definitely too small to have an alpaca or two! Monique has a pretty big yard.  May have to talk to her.  Sue has a new house, I wonder how big her yard is?   Oh, my god..............my Mom and Dad have a huge yard!  But I would have to move to Carmen and that's not in the cards.  I need to make friends with someone who has an acreage around Calgary! I will have to ponder this one to come up with some solutions.

So now the question is "What we will be doing from December 31 until January 20?".  Well, don't think we haven't pondered that for the last 2 days!

We have decided to do a little bit of touring in London, Paris and go to Vimy Ridge.  We need to take the next week and put some structure around it and when we do, make sure you check out the "What's Coming Up" section of the blog as I will be updating it.  We are not sure that this will take us 3 weeks but if not, we will find other things to occupy our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment