Thursday, December 29, 2011

If This Title Could Hum, You Would Hear the Theme to Mission Impossible

So, the depression hit a high the night before last.  I did the mistake of going onto the University website and there is a job I would have loved to apply for but we are still 5-6 months from coming home. If I was sitting talking to Sandi the F-bomb would be dropping alot (think the Blitz on London during WWII).  But because I am in England I dropped the B-Bomb alot (bugger).

Poor Michel had to deal with me.  Over the last 2 days, my favorite saying has been "Don't poke the bear!".  He poked a little too hard a couple of times and things got kinda tense but then.............we got out of the house to do a little shopping and saw "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (American version) and the day ended with me feeling a little better and Michel's life no longer in danger.

There is a lesson in this for all that love me.  When confronted with the bear:
  • Give me a wide berth to allow the me to de-grumpify.
  • Encourage me to do a LITTLE shopping.
  • Get me to a movie!!!
After some contemplation, I think there have been many things bothering me:
  • Missing my family and friends
  • Missing a regular schedule (work)
  • A lack of anything interesting going on over the last couple of weeks (ok, I know this is my fault! Don't poke the bear!)
  • Feeling old and conservative (worst feeling)
Over Christmas, Michel and I watched all 3 Bourne movies (they will stand the test of time I think).  All that excitment and espionage has given me an idea to bring these feelings to a close.

Now, Rob may have an idea where this is heading (pun).....................I am off to get my locks cut and pick up hair dye. I AM GOING TO PLAY SPY!!!!!!!

I am not sure how we are going to alter Michel's and Spidey's appearances or if they even want to play along but stay posted.  For the next few days the blog will be all about my spy adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment