Monday, May 2, 2011

Flight of the Condor

Sorry that I have not been posting as of late.  What with getting everything organized (or at least trying to) for the sabbatical, training my replacements at work (Sharon, don't give me shit about this!) and getting ready to go to Tanzania, life has been just a tad bit crazy.

But, here I am in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and I had Condor for dinner!  It did not look like chicken nor did it taste like chicken but it was quite good.

The trip to get to Dar saw Ken (the other member of Team 3) and I leave Calgary to fly to Toronto and then onto Zurich where we overnighted.

Ken is a Air Canada Super Elite member so I have spent much time in the Executive Lounges in Calgary, Toronto and Zurich - quite ritzy.  

Speaking of ritzy - apparently the apartment we are staying in in Mwanza comes with maid service and all the western luxuries!

I gave Benedikt a hard time about sending me all the way to a third world country.......to live better than I do at home!

Tomorrow we are on the last leg of our journey with a flight from Dar to Mwanza - only 1.5 hours - yay!  There we will meet Paula and Warren of Team 2.  I am looking forward to getting down to work and am only just starting to get excited and a little trepidatious.

No comments:

Post a Comment