Sunday, July 31, 2011

Catching Up

The remainder of last week paled in comparison to the sound healing of Tuesday so there has not been much going on in the blogfront.

I got to clean a 40 year old refrigerator that had been sitting in a garage for about 10 years.  Sounds like fun, doesn't it!  There is some satisfaction in making something white(ish) again though.

We did help Susun set up, run and strike two booths at the Farmington Summer Festival on Friday.  Farmington is a town of about 7,000 people so there wasn't a ton of action at the booths.  I did have fun selling stuff and talking to people though.  I think Susun made about $400 on her Minikins (www.minikins.org) stuff.

I met two ladies that had vacationed in PEI or Nova Scotia (can't remember now) and had seen Tim Hus (our neighbor in Calgary).  It's a small world!

I think Karen and Ada may have been a little bored - just not their thing. Although they did have some fun making a video for everyone.


And Karen loves mascots and there were about 3 or 4 of them at the festival so I managed to get a picture of her with one.

I got a henna tattoo and Karen was nice enough to wait in line with me and while I had it done.

(please note that the funny coloring on my feet is my tan line! It's amazing!)

This past weekend, Michel and I went to Monhegan Island (http://www.monheganwelcome.com/) which is a one hour ferry ride from Port Clyde (close to Rockland).  I got the impression it was suppose to kinda be like Gabriola Island in Canada (lots of artists, etc) but Michel was quite disappointed.  Many of the artist's studios were only open on Tuesdays and Thursdays and he found the people not that hospitable.  I was probably too worn out from our hike around a portion of the island to notice grumpy people.  I got way too much sun (see tan in above picture) and was in bed that night before 9pm.  I also found out that I get seasick. The hike would have been gorgeous if the day had not been quite so warm.


Monique would be proud of me as there is only a 160 foot elevation gain on the island but the path led us from sea level to the top of the cliffs about 4 or 5 times so in reality, I did a hike that covered about a 600 foot elevation gain!

Next weekend is the Rockland Lobster Festival (http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/) - 20,000 lbs of lobster is consumed at this event and I will be consuming at least 2 of those myself!

We may also see Alain, Isabelle and the kids.  Turns out they are in Wells, ME (see my post of July 20) this week camping and will try to stop by on their way back to Montreal next weekend.

Michel is enjoying his courses immensely and I will try to get him to do a video about it.  His first week was lofting (planning and making molds for making the boat), last week was planking (putting planks of wood over the mold to make the boat) and this week is about interior finishing (seats, etc).  They have several boats in several states of being finished so Michel will not have a boat to take home with us (thank god, where would we fit it!) but he has talked about the fact that there may be just enough room in our back yard to make a small boat.  Ack!

Well, for someone who didn't think she had much to say, this has turned into quite a long post.  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment