Saturday, July 23, 2011

Luck is on our side

Michel worked his good looks and French accent and got the campground owner to agree to let us stay for 3 weeks!!!! So, Michel has a home.

He also has had his first week of school (I did not send him off with new school supplies or lunch bag - bad me).  He is having a great time and loving it.  There are only 2 other people in his class so the teacher to student ratio is excellent.  I will try to get him to write something about it.

On Sunday, he dropped me off at Susun Terese's house where I am doing a help exchange.  Susun is incredibly nice and has me working like a dog (NOT!!).  On Monday, I cleaned out and rearranged her pantry.  On Tuesday, I cleaned out and organized her tupperware cupboard and below her kitchen sink. So, you get a sense of the grueling work schedule I have. I am beat man!

There are two other girls staying with Susun, Ada and Karen, and they are from Taiwan.  Ada speaks amazing English and Karen's is not bad either.  They are fun to talk with.


(Susan, Karen, Ada and Mitzi in the gazebo in the park in Farmington)

On my first night with Susun, I got to participate in a Spiritual Circle that she puts on.  There is a little meditation and then some talking.......very easy going.  I was not shy but then this would not come as a surprise to many of my friends and family.

Niagara
I forgot to tell you about our time in the Niagara region.

Of course, we went to see the Falls and they are absolutely amazing!  Spidey got a little confused as he didn't realize that the Maid of the Mist was suppose to be heading for the base of the Falls so he was about to swing down and try to save everyone when Michel caught him and managed to save Spidey from some mighty big embarrassment.


We didn't hang out in Niagara as it was far too touristy.  We had been told there was a Shaw Festival on in Niagara on the Lake so we headed up there to see if we could get tickets for a show.  Turned out that we showed up 20 minutes before the matinee of My Fair Lady (
http://www.shawfest.com/playbill/my-fair-lady/story/) so we grabbed tickets and saw a fabulous play.

I couldn't get some of the songs out of my mind for days.  I was amazed at how many of them I knew but hadn't known where they were from.  For your listening and viewing pleasure, I have provided my favorite........


We also had time to visit the Butterfly Conservatory.  I am giving it a 10 out of 10.  There were thousands of butterflies and they were all beautiful.  Michel had one land on his forehead and on the back of his leg.  I had one briefly in my hair.  You can't help but get some good pictures so I am going to share some of them with you.

(From tip to tip of wing, this butterfly was bigger than my outstretched hand)


1 comment:

  1. I so miss Niagara on the Lake. Great butterfly shots! Hope you both are well.

    ReplyDelete