Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Life in an Alternate Universe

Spent the evening expanding my horizons!

Nancy, one of Susun's friends, holds a monthly event that usually is a potluck dinner and a moving viewing wherein the movie has a spiritual theme to it. But tonight was just a wee bit different.

It turned out that one of Nancy's friends brought some of their friends (Cynthia & Henrik) that were visiting and they do sound healing (www.wavesofillumination.com).  Sooooooooo.....instead of the movie, we had a sound healing session.

The group had to come up with a phrase stating their "intention".  Our phrase was....."I am fun, at peace, honest, trusting, awake, curious, safe and joyful.  Yes, I am."  The group then had to say the statement about 5 times while we were being recorded.  This recording was then "processed" and the Sacred Scaler converted it into "frequencies" that were played back to us over about 35 minutes.  During the first 3 frequencies, we were required to replicate the tone using our voice.  Each frequency would go on for several minutes before stopping.  It would then take about 20-30 seconds for the next frequency to play.

At some point about half way through, the frequencies changed from mostly consistent sounds to "popcorn" or "drumming" sounds.  Once this was done, Cynthia (one of the two people performing the healing) used a crystal bowl to make a sound that was meant to bring everyone back to the present.

I don't want to say that the evening was outside my comfort zone because I was comfortable.  However, it was not something I would actively seek on my own. And although my logical side says it is a bunch of hogwash, several things happened during/after the session that were very interesting.

1) In between the more constant frequencies, I heard sounds that I can only describe as computer sounds - think of old movies when computers were working, they had these techo sounds so you would know that the computer was working.  Turns out that the Scaler system was not generating these sounds and no one else heard what I heard.  Other people heard water sounds though.  A little freaky.

2) During the first 3 frequencies when everyone was "chanting" to match the frequencies, there was some sort of resonance inside my body with the sounds.  I am sure the science of harmonics can explain this but it did feel really good.

3) After the session, there continued to be what I can only describe as reverberations inside my body.  Like my body was continuing to hum to the frequencies. I should clarify that the frequencies were played back to the group through speakers and were quite loud so once again, probably very explainable through the science of sound.

No need to worry, I won't be converted to the Cult of Sacred Scaler anytime soon but it sure was fun to have an alternative experience!

(Me, Karen, Ada, Susun, Gary, Don and Sita after the session - do we look relaxed?) 
(Missing from photo is Shannon, Esphabad, Cynthia and Henrik)

No comments:

Post a Comment