Monday, March 12, 2012

The Eagle has Landed.........in France

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we have arrived at Susan and Geoff's farm near Saint Laurent de Cerdans, France.

It is a wonderful cross between mountains like Haiti and the Canadian Rockies.  The house is situated in a valley with the River Muga running thru it and you have to take a very windy dirt road down the mountain to get to the house.  The river is the boundry that separates France from Spain.  So.......I am thinking that at one point during our stay, I might try to be in both Spain and France at the same time.....if that is physically possible (I haven't seen how big the river is yet).

The view from our room is amazing (I will take a picture later this week and post it).  We get to look across the valley at the mountain in Spain.

It really is a little piece of paradise that feels like it is in the middle of nowhere (Cerdans is 7 kms away).

More tomorrow........or the day after!

Am going through one of my bouts of homesickness.  I am missing everyone quite a bit.  Need to let you all know that I love you very much and can't wait to see you when we get back to Canada!

Love

M

No comments:

Post a Comment