Friday, March 9, 2012

Knitting A Go-Go

We are heading off to France on Sunday and I have been busy over the last couple of weeks on the knitting front (now that I finished Sharon's Xmas shawl - which she tells me she likes - Thank God!) so I just thought I would show off what I have been making.

While at Rosevine, I knitted this hat almost 6 times (I changed the pattern several times) before I got it right.  David thought I was absolutely crazy.  The great buckle was provided by Angela from her button stash and the yarn came from Spain.



I knitted this Robin Hood Cloche while here in Wadenswil.  The yarn is from Quebec (yes, I have carried it since we were in St. Julie and yes, it is not the only yarn I have in my vacation stash).  Angela and I found these great buttons are from a hobby store in Porthleven, Cornwall. 



Michel let me buy some yarn while we were in Zurich the other day. We have been having an on-going debate about each other's stashes - I stash yarn - he is stashing books!  I think I win becaue my stash takes up less space and definitely weighs less!

Amazingly, yarn is one of the few things that does not seem to be expensive here.

Not my usual gig - it is blue and sparkly -
definitely not me.  What was I thinking!!!!
It is still pretty though.

This wonderful grey cotton cost a whopping $2.90 CHF -
about $3.25 Cdn

I am now using the grey cotton yarn to make this Stacy Charles necklace.


So, there you go.  The thrilling events while we have been in Switzerland!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment