Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Suckered in by a Parrot

I was oh so wrong and parrots are wwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyy smarter and devious than I expected.

I thought we had come so far (heavy sigh).  I was even feeling guilty about not letting them out of their cage last night.  I thought we had mended the fences because Rico had started to let me stroke his beak.

So this morning, he let me stroke his beak and it looked like he wanted to "mouth" my finger - parrots way of getting to know you or show that they liks you.

Ohhhhhhhhh, but that was not what he wanted.  I am typing this with a bandage on my left index finger because he bit so hard he drew blood.  I am so easily suckered in.

I am completely traumatized and will never be able to hear the name Rico again without having flashbacks!!!!

My war wound!
Can parrots get "blood lust"?  Cause Rico has now tasted both mine and Michel's blood.  Have we created a parrot monster?  I hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment