Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Wonderful Woman

Mange's wife, Schola, is possibly the nicest person I have met.  She has been incredibly kind to me and I need to find a way to thank her.

I had asked her where to buy a kanga (a piece(s) of material that TZ women use to cover themselves) and she offered to take me to a place that had good quality material.  Well, it ended up that she did not take me because instead, she went to the place, picked up a bunch of them and then brought them to me at the apartment to choose from them!

And if that is not incredible enough, tonight, she and Mange came over for a short visit (they live just down the street) and she handed me a bag.  Sometime after meeting me, she had eyeballed me, guessed my measurements and sewed me a dress!!!!! And it fits perfectly!!!  The material is a red batik and looks fabulous on me.  It is a simple cut and  it ties up at the shoulders.  It is just what I needed as I have been feeling very underdressed when we have gone out while here.

To boot, we went to Laura and John's (across the hall - both of them work at the UofC and are here on a different project) for dinner and I got to wear my beautiful dress.....and it garnered some compliments!

I will have to knit her something but will have to think long and hard because it has to be something she will like.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the dress when you get home...and steal the design. :) Speaking of knitting, what row are you on?

    liz

    ReplyDelete